Five Things You Should be Asking Your Portland Family Law Attorney But Often Don’t
1. What should I expect to happen if we go to trial for my divorce?
2. Is there anything I can do right now to improve my situation at trial?
3. How much will this divorce case cost me?
4. What evidence can I help my Oregon divorce attorney put together for my divorce?
5. How do you suggest we handle my case?
This question is critical to ensure you find a divorce attorney who is a good fit. Some attorneys are impulsive, argumentative, and confrontational by nature. Some are overly passive to your detriment. In my opinion it is important to find someone in the middle. Someone who wants to try to keep the peace where possible, but has no problem being aggressive when it makes sense to. More than anything, it is important to find an attorney whose style is a good fit for your personality and case. Trusting your attorney and having confidence in their ability will help your case be more successful and less expensive.
For tips about choosing your family law attorney we suggest this article: Three Things to Look for in a Divorce or Custody Attorney. It is also good to know what to avoid when choosing your family law attorney for more information on what to avoid see our article: 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring a Portland Divorce Attorney.